Wednesday 16 April 2014



C R E A T I V I T Y   I S   C O N T A G I O U S.... 

Text: Hina Nitesh

so said the scientist Albert Einstein.

Though it does not have much connection with the post that follows, it is a thought which has been going on in my head since morning. I think what I really like about this statement is the person who made it - proving that there are no boundaries to creativity.
Now coming to the subject of my post today - a furniture designer whose creations are made with rattan. I chanced upon Kenneth Cobonpue the much awarded designer quite accidentally but I have unearthed a treasure. The name is quite well known in Hollywood celebrity.



Kenneth Cobonpue exploits the material to the maximum to get forms which are gorgeous to say the least. A look at each of his creations will make you feel as if the material was meant to be used the way it has been used.

Each piece of furniture is an ode to the crafts and I was finding it difficult to select the images to put on this blog. I have put together quite a few, for more check out his website http://www.kennethcobonpue.com

Leaving you with some pics to enjoy....



















all images are courtesy Kenneth Cobonpue

No comments:

Post a Comment